child immorality

today I seed to be picking up a trail of clothes, open doors, empty food containers and so on, left by my foster son.
leaving the toothpaste out, was the last straw so I designed a story with a message. 
a fellow staying in a large motel evacuated his room because the mattress was on fire. he walked out calmly standing on the street watching the motel catch fire while hundreds of patrons ran screaming from the building as it was razed to the ground. 
the man overheard two exhausted fire chiefs discussing the cause of the blaze. He listening passively for some time, and heard his room identified as the start of the fire. He stood forwards and affirmed that indeed that was the case and stated that his mattress had caught fire. when asked whether he has started the fire, he uttered the famous line: "no, it was already on fire when I sat on it". 
I allowed my foster son to understand the personal distress and property loss caused by the fire, and of the man's decision to quietly depart. Indeed, foster son confirmed the fellow " did the right thing by getting out quickly". I suspected that he had not understood the situation clearly, I urged him to think about the impact on hundreds of people by the man's decision to act as he did. No, he iterated his belief that the man had acted correctly. 
when I volunteered that he could acted to dowse the fire, and alerting other guests and raising the alarm. but foster son looked puzzled as to why he would do that, before escaping. I offered again that the bed fire was quite small and easily put out, but no, he believed the fellow had acted correctly and expressed the view that my moral position was awry.   

Popular posts from this blog

honestly

Stbd. Rudder & Tiller